July 2, 2018

Skin Suit: A Love Poem


Steel splits a hole clearing the skin on the top of the scalp
the crown of the skull
knife drags down Centerline.
cleaving skin growing old with age down the neck
over the back and down
to the cleft of the buttocks and around front.
dragging the knife up the belly;  peeling flesh from bone from organ.
Piles of new flesh falling to the ground.

Washing the blood from the skin making human leather tanning the hide.
What is now no longer me - a skin suit of me.  

It is a skin suit of me one that you can wear and that you do wear.
In your dark moments when you're alone you slide me on.
 You slide me on you look in the mirror and you say,
“Look at me I'm Edgar”.

and no other way is it possible to have melded together in such a way.
Dancing inside of me I have become just a skin suit that envelops you.
But in such a way the skin suit grows into your skin becoming your new skin.
Skin that you cannot take off that is us forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment